The Interdepartmental Center for Gender Studies - ABCD is based at the University of Milano-Bicocca and is led (2019-2021) by Elisabetta Ruspini (Director), Department of Sociology and Social Research.
ABCD has a distinct interdisciplinary vision. The following Departments are members of ABCD:
- Department of Business and Law - Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Aziendali e Diritto per l’Economia (Representative Person: Roberta Provasi);
- Department of Economics, Management and Statistics - Dipartimento di Economia, Metodi Quantitativi e Strategie d’Impresa (Representative Person: Laura Pagani);
- Department of Human Sciences for Education - Dipartimento di Scienze Umane per la Formazione (Representative Person: Gabriella Seveso);
- Department of Law - Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza (Representative Person: Claudia Pecorella);
- Department of Material Science - Dipartimento di Scienza dei Materiali (Representative Person: Simona Binetti);
- Department of Physics - Dipartimento di Fisica (Representative Person: Silvia Penati);
- Department of Psychology - Dipartimento di Psicologia (Representative Person: Chiara Volpato);
- Department of Sociology and Social Research - Dipartimento di Sociologia e Ricerca Sociale (Representative Person: Patrizia Farina);
- Department of Statistics and Quantitative Methods - Dipartimento di Statistica e Metodi Quantitativi (Representative Person: Laura Terzera, vice-Director).
ABCD promotes and disseminates gender research and gender studies.
The main aims of the Center are:
- To encourage scientific cooperation between scholars from different disciplines, with the aim of identifying new directions for gender-sensitive research, at both national and international level;
- To promote gender-equality in research and to integrate gender into research;
- To develop interdisciplinary research practices with a focus on intersectional gender differences and inequalities, and their association with a number of factors such as age, socio-economic condition, ethnicity, religion (and so on);
- To support interdisciplinary research practices on gender differences, including the biological and medical aspects, and issues related to people with disabilities experience;
- To disseminate gender-sensitive knowledge through research projects and research publications;
- To promote public debates on gender-related issues at the national and international levels;
- To organize conferences, seminars, meetings and to support events to disseminate gender knowledge and gender studies;
- To facilitate opportunities for discussion within and outside the University about gender issues and to support cooperation with communities, associations, and institutions for a better integration of the gender dimension in research programs;
- To promote education activities on gender differences and inequalities;
- To endorse collaboration among University centers that focus on gender studies, also through the participation in conferences, events and projects aimed at promoting networking and mutual learning.
For further information:
Centro Interdipartimentale per gli Studi di Genere-ABCD firstname.lastname@example.org